The doctoral consortium at CloudCom 2013 is a workshop for Ph.D. students who are interested in the cloud computing related research,especially for those who are in the early phase of their dissertation.Students participating in this event will present their research and theses in an international occasion to people from all over the world. In addition, this is a great opportunity for students to meet and discuss with experts in this area.
The consortium consists of two sessions. The first session is for Ph.D. students to showcase their ideas, as well as to get familiar with the work of others. The second session is for students to meet and discuss with peers, and to get feedbacks from the experts in their research area.
The submission will be reviewed and the top ones will be selected. Students who want to join this consortium require to pay the registration fees of the CloudCom 2013 main Conference (student rates).
Call for Submission
To apply for participation in the Doctoral Consortium, please submit a 6-page paper about your doctoral work using the conference submission system. The deadline is Aug 05, 2013. Selected papers, after further extensions and revisions, will be published in special issues as regular papers.
Submissions related to any aspect of Cloud Computing research and development are welcome. The paper should include:
- The title of the research topic, the name of the PhD student, the PhD advisor, the affiliated organization, and contact information (email address).
- A motivation for the research, explaining what the problem in the respective field is and why it is important.
- Formulation of the research problem.
- The research methodology.
- The expected contributions to the research area, and a description on how the research is innovative, novel or extends existing approaches.
- Appropriately acknowledgement of the possible contributions of non-student.